CNAGF: Certainly Not A Gamer Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who the hell is that pokemon?

3 posters

Go down

Who the hell is that pokemon? Empty Who the hell is that pokemon?

Post  jimmo Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:53 pm

What do you think will happen generation after next?
Personally I think on of these
1: people are enraged by the new pokemon and the generation sucks, then gamefreak put a lot more planning into the 6th generation
2: 6th and 5th gen are terrible, causing nintendo to go bankrupt and the pokemon series ends
3: the next generations are okay and pokemon continues untill the end of time
jimmo
jimmo
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Who the hell is that pokemon? Empty Re: Who the hell is that pokemon?

Post  darkiway Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:11 am

I think 3 is the most likely one, since game freak never failed. Besides, nintendo's got plenty more seires to milk, they wont go bankrupt jsut yet. I think people will like 5th gen.
darkiway
darkiway

Back to top Go down

Post  RedFoxNinetales Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:07 pm

That's one hell of a stretch for #2. Nintendo isn't just made up of the Pokemon franchise and all their investment in games doesn't just go into a single series, either.

It'll be between 1 and 3, I think-- there seems to be a trend with Nintendo gamers that they have critical opinions on the games and it gradually gets better as time goes on for most of them. Me and a friend at University actually had a conversation about it because its a complete mirror of what fans of the Sonic franchise are like; they have extremely high hopes for a game that involves their favourite blue hedgehog, and the closer it comes to release, the less and less hopeful people get towards it being any good. I was kind of the same as that with Sonic 4, then they made it episodic, which I really hate developers doing, because it feels like they're just selling us part of a game... and then it essentially seemed like the game was just a rehash of the original-- at least in terms of Robotnik's (I refuse to call him 'Eggman') end-of-Zone mech being the same as Green Hill Zone's. I was kind of hoping that "go back to how things used to be" that was mentioned in the description wasn't...

Ermm... heh, I went off on a tangent... ^^;;
But anyway, yeah. I don't think Nintendo will have any issue in terms of losing out on Pokemon, because they have a ton of other franchises to play with. I won't deny the possibility of the reaction fans have to the game swaying a decision as to how long the series continues on for, but I'm fairly confident that they're either more looking for new fans with it, or are giving the series a more updated feel for the old fans who have stuck with it for so long. We'll just have to wait and see, hmm?
RedFoxNinetales
RedFoxNinetales

https://www.youtube.com/user/RenegadeFox

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmo Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:14 pm

1, 2 and 3 were just examples of what should be posted.
2 is a huge stretch and I think 1 and 3 have a very high chance of happening, maybe even both.
jimmo
jimmo
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down