CNAGF: Certainly Not A Gamer Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 on 3 battles? what do you guys think

+6
RedFoxNinetales
scyor
Feliciano
Lucifer
FenixFire
darkiway
10 posters

Go down

3 on 3 battles? what do you guys think Empty 3 on 3 battles? what do you guys think

Post  darkiway Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 am

with pokemon black and white upon us, it was revealed a lil while past that there would be 3 on 3 battles. What do you think will come of it, and what kind of strategies do you think you may employ?

I was thinking abusing minus and plus abilities in a 3 on 3 would be pretty interesting, especially if the effect stacks.
darkiway
darkiway

Back to top Go down

3 on 3 battles? what do you guys think Empty Re: 3 on 3 battles? what do you guys think

Post  FenixFire Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:07 am

I'm pretty sure we'll see a cascade of Rock Slide, Explosion, Eruption,... like what we can sometimes see spammed in doubles. Also positive of a central staged Choice Scarfed Water Spouting or Erupting Pokémon backed up by 2 Helping Hand Pokémon (Or 1 Helping Hand & 1 Follow Me user) will crush teams by the dozens.

Personally, I think triples is a bit of a stretch. It won't take many generations before they'll throw 6on6 in the mix I reckon. Plain pandemonium I'd call it. Razz
FenixFire
FenixFire

Back to top Go down

3 on 3 battles? what do you guys think Empty Re: 3 on 3 battles? what do you guys think

Post  Lucifer Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:37 am

I think it's cool 3 on 3 seems like a good idea, though i hope they don't go for more then 3 on 3 Neutral that would be plain stupid
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:15 am

Can someone say "overkill"?

Double battles, I admit, were innovations. But triple battles? Completely unnecessary add-ons in lieu of another such innovation.
Feliciano
Feliciano

Back to top Go down

Post  scyor Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:54 am

Feliciano wrote:Can someone say "overkill"?

Double battles, I admit, were innovations. But triple battles? Completely unnecessary add-ons in lieu of another such innovation.

I agree with you there.
scyor
scyor

https://www.youtube.com/user/Scyor

Back to top Go down

Post  RedFoxNinetales Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:56 pm

This is kind of my view on Triple Battles, as well. Double battles were indeed a truly spectacular innovation when they were introduced; more so in the 4th Generation, but took primary role in the GC games, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness, where nearly all battles (some exceptions including the opening battle and the first -real- battle with your Pokemon... and of course, the infamous PokeSpots...) were performed entirely in a Doubles format. It was kind of where my love for Double Battles started to sprout, and I eventually appeared on YouTube... lol

But anyway, I don't really want to say all that much about Triple battles because of my initial impressions of Double battles. (believe it or not, I actually didn't like them when I played R/S/E and initially when I started playing Colosseum) But, I do agree that my initial thoughts on Triple battles is "overkill". I mean, that's half your team on the battlefield at one time.

In a realistic sense, it would be pretty impossible for a single Trainer to command three Pokemon simultaneously in battle, so I think it'll be interesting to see how the Anime actually depicts Triples when it gets to that point. The only way I can see it happening in the Anime is if six Trainers are in the battle, unless they pull off some stupid Triple Combo Finisher, like in SSBB. (you know, like what I believe was dubbed the "Thunder Armor" in one of Ash's battles, where he apparently intentionally told Pikachu to use Thunder(bolt?) on himself while ON THE BACK of a SWELLOW)

But in terms of the games, with a few reservations, I'm kind of in the same boat. It just comes off as something they did, just because they can.
RedFoxNinetales
RedFoxNinetales

https://www.youtube.com/user/RenegadeFox

Back to top Go down

3 on 3 battles? what do you guys think Empty eeh

Post  BurningWhiteWolf121 Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:00 am

totally true but it mght be cool lik having 3starter v 3starters
or
3beast v 3birds
or
weathertrio v dragontrio
OMG COOL!
BurningWhiteWolf121
BurningWhiteWolf121
People Know Me
People Know Me

Back to top Go down

Post  RskTkr Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:24 am

They seem a little over the top, but i think it will work out ;D
RskTkr
RskTkr
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  mustenjoypie Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:54 pm

prolly gonna suck Neutral
mustenjoypie
mustenjoypie
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

http://www.runescape.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmo Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:27 am

Gonna be terrible, if I was developing a game series, things would add on as the series progresses, like how in galaxy 2 you have yoshi and the drill. With pokemon they added on double battles and contests. They can't add double battles twice. So they'll just add triple battles. They have started to touch the bottom of their imagination pits and the next generation of pokemon won't be inventive enough and they'll bring in something stupid, like quadruple battles.
jimmo
jimmo
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

3 on 3 battles? what do you guys think Empty negative

Post  BurningWhiteWolf121 Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:44 am

man you guys are negative
THEY ARENT EVEN OUT YET
give em a chance
i will lol! when they come out and they rule!
(if they rule..)
BurningWhiteWolf121
BurningWhiteWolf121
People Know Me
People Know Me

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down