CNAGF: Certainly Not A Gamer Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Black and White general discussion.

+4
Deviicat556
RskTkr
RedFoxNinetales
Don Fawful
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pokemon Black and White general discussion. Empty Pokemon Black and White general discussion.

Post  Don Fawful Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:10 am

Let's discuss the next installment in the everlasting (it seems that way) franchise that is pokemon. Black and White is hit to be released in japan this september. What are your thoughts? You can post anything regarding black and white here.

I will allow topics about seperate mechanics but if you are going to post a topic named. ''lol the new pokemon are stupid'' I would rather have it that you did that in this topic alright fellas?

Thanks for your co-operation,

Don Fawful
Don Fawful
Don Fawful
Big Boss
Big Boss

https://cnagf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black and White general discussion. Empty Re: Pokemon Black and White general discussion.

Post  RedFoxNinetales Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Let's get this thread started then, shall we?

I'm actually enjoying hearing about, and coming up with my own speculation on this Generation and its setting. Though I haven't actually come across anyone else who has actively said they feel it might be Western-based, like I have. (linked on my YouTube account is a blogger account of mine where I've been posting stuff about B&W)

I don't know it to be fact, but I've had a friend of mine say that Wooguru has 'a very South American look' (or something along those lines; I forgot the exact quote), Desukan (or whatever it is) has the whole Egyptian Sarcophagus look going for it, its been announced that the Region is "very far away" (even suggesting that even the Hoenn Region can only be accessed by plane or boat, according to Serebii, but each Region can be accessed by a boat, anyway... stupid Serebii... lol) and some locations could be argued to look a little like Western landmarks.

The first thing that kind of alerted me to the possibility was Hiun City. Maybe its just me looking too much into things, but I think it kind of represents New York. I also did a rough translation of the word "Hiun", to see if it had some kind of meaning, and I think it probably has more to do with what happens in-game, because the translator said that "Hiun" meant "bad fortune" or "misfortune" in English. Maybe there'll be a lot of stuff going off in terms of story-based events in the City, huh? (Or it could just be playing on the Yin/Yang thing, which is obviously the theme of Black & White)

The second landmark for me was the bridge; now called Sky Arrow Bridge. With it connected to Hiun City, it kind of reminds me of a bridge I'm sure everyone knows of...

... or I could just be barking up the wrong tree.
Thoughts?
RedFoxNinetales
RedFoxNinetales

https://www.youtube.com/user/RenegadeFox

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black and White general discussion. Empty Re: Pokemon Black and White general discussion.

Post  RskTkr Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 am

I'm glad that there will be a new game soon, but personally I liked the original pokemon. I was so excited when I heard HeartGold/SoulSilver was starting back with some of the original pokemon. In my opinion a lot of the pokemon look like robots or something. The new black/white pokemon are okay, they don't look like robots anymore but it kind of looks like some chibi/anime/marysue/fangirl drew them .___.;;;

I'm going to get black and white because of my pokemon fan side, but the originals will always be my favorite Smile Bulbasaur FTW!!!
RskTkr
RskTkr
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Fawful Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:34 am

So far I really like the new pokemon appart from zoroark and the 2 legends. By the way there is another pokemon revealed possible a luvdisc evolution.

Mamanboo not much else is confirmed but it looks like a bigger luvdisc with larger fins and whatnot.
Don Fawful
Don Fawful
Big Boss
Big Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Deviicat556 Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Don Fawful wrote:So far I really like the new pokemon appart from zoroark and the 2 legends. By the way there is another pokemon revealed possible a luvdisc evolution.

Mamanboo not much else is confirmed but it looks like a bigger luvdisc with larger fins and whatnot.

Lol i thought Mamanboo looked like a heart shaped candy with wings on it o-o
Deviicat556
Deviicat556

https://www.youtube.com/user/deviicat556

Back to top Go down

Post  RedFoxNinetales Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Don Fawful wrote:Mamanboo not much else is confirmed but it looks like a bigger luvdisc with larger fins and whatnot.

I actually saw it on Serebii about an hour ago, and my first impressions on it were exactly that; an evolution of Luvdisc. To be fairly honest, I hope it to be true, because I think Luvdisc gaining an evolution would be among one of the best things to happen to it. (seeing as it isn't that great, stat-wise) Along with Pachirisu, of course. Both these Pokemon I wouldn't be surprised at gaining an evolution in this Generation.
RedFoxNinetales
RedFoxNinetales

https://www.youtube.com/user/RenegadeFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Fawful Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:55 pm

I think far fetch'd deserves an evolution more then both of those but hey who am I to judge. Razz
Don Fawful
Don Fawful
Big Boss
Big Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  RskTkr Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Don Fawful wrote:I think far fetch'd deserves an evolution more then both of those but hey who am I to judge. Razz

I've been waiting for a Farfetch'd evolution, and a Skarmory one too.
RskTkr
RskTkr
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Far fetch'd..you mean chingy? XD or Chingo or whatever the girls far fetch'd name was lol, I pray that the legendaries don't turn out to be a copy of Dialga/Plkia, Mewtwo/Mew, Groudon/Kyogre or something like that, and i really don't think skarmory needs one, he's pretty awesome as he is
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  RskTkr Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:11 pm

Chingo? XD I have no idea what you're talking about there, but on another note I think you're right when you say Skarmory doesn't need an evolution. Now that I think about it, they'd probably ruin him... Sad
RskTkr
RskTkr
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Yeah, and you don't remember that girls Far fetch'd u trade a sperrow for?
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  RskTkr Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Ohh, right. All in-game trade pokemon have stupid names. XD
RskTkr
RskTkr
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:18 pm

yeah...meh, but i still do hope that the legendaries don't turn into Dialga/Palkia/Giratina from the looks of it with Zoroark and the 2 legendaries are turnin that way
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  RskTkr Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 pm

I think Reshiram look like a lugia/arceus mix, somewhat.
RskTkr
RskTkr
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:51 pm

I don't really see it :/
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  RskTkr Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Meh, well thats what i see anyways
RskTkr
RskTkr
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black and White general discussion. Empty Farfetched

Post  BurningWhiteWolf121 Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:51 am

Don Fawful wrote:I think far fetch'd deserves an evolution more then both of those but hey who am I to judge. Razz

i dont the he should because:

[url=[url=<a href="http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Farfetch%27d">On the Origin of Species: Farfetch'd</a>]Reason[/url]][url=<a href="http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Farfetch%27d">On the Origin of Species: Farfetch'd</a>]Reason[/url][/url]
BurningWhiteWolf121
BurningWhiteWolf121
People Know Me
People Know Me

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black and White general discussion. Empty name

Post  BurningWhiteWolf121 Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Lucifer wrote:Far fetch'd..you mean chingy? XD or Chingo or whatever the girls far fetch'd name was lol, I pray that the legendaries don't turn out to be a copy of Dialga/Plkia, Mewtwo/Mew, Groudon/Kyogre or something like that, and i really don't think skarmory needs one, he's pretty awesome as he is

CH'DING is the real name but isnt better then chingo Neutral
BurningWhiteWolf121
BurningWhiteWolf121
People Know Me
People Know Me

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black and White general discussion. Empty Pokémon White and Black Legendary?? =o

Post  Deviicat556 Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:45 am

A new Pokèmon has been confirmed on Pokemon White and Black and it's a legendary!!
I am making this because I want to know opinions and what not.
By the way if you think it looks too 'cute', the legendary is similar to Jirachi, Mew, Manaphy etc.
Please, tell opinions of this guy!!
Edit: Predict his typing too!! I think he might be ... hmm... Normal ? just by looks

Pokemon Black and White general discussion. Bikuti10

Also, I think his name is Victini

Last edited by Deviicat556 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Deviicat556
Deviicat556

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmo Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:15 am

which site do you use? I use serebii, this pokemon is cool, probalbly gonna have major drawbacks though. celebi sucks and the others are immpossible to get (realisticly speaking) I would get him if it wasnt an event, cause I can't really pay for a ticket to america or europe, being 14 and all.
jimmo
jimmo
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Deviicat556 Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:20 am

jimmo wrote:which site do you use?

Well, I watched a video on youtube from AuroraVirus [ he might be moving to an account called lotaFox if you are thinking about subbing ] and found this out, if you're asking about the picture, I just looked up 'Pokémon Black and White Victini' and found a site with a pic on it.
Deviicat556
Deviicat556

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:33 am

OMG So cute >.< I'm getting him
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Deviicat556 Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:39 am

I probably will too :'D so gosh darn cute :3... watch him be more powerful than zoruark xD
Deviicat556
Deviicat556

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmo Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:43 am

It's head is the victory sign, and it's making it with it's hands, also it is registered as number 000 on the pokedex
jimmo
jimmo
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black and White general discussion. Empty cool

Post  BurningWhiteWolf121 Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:45 am

looks like the best cute/mini legendary yet
BurningWhiteWolf121
BurningWhiteWolf121
People Know Me
People Know Me

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next