CNAGF: Certainly Not A Gamer Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MHtri?

+4
scyor
Don Fawful
Lucifer
demonsnail
8 posters

Go down

MHtri? Empty MHtri?

Post  demonsnail Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:30 pm

I started playing monster hunter since mhf 1 on the psp..and now that I tried out mh tri...it seems so..unoriginal..most monsters are just copies of the psp vers with diff skins and some different attacks...except for underwater combat there is nothing very original about it..not to mention the absence of the bow and gunlance..and also..WHY THE WII?? the ps3 is far more powerful and would make a game to end all games!...anyway I would like to hear your opinions aswell...personally I think it could be much better then it is... bounce

demonsnail

https://www.youtube.com/melculrapid

Back to top Go down

MHtri? Empty Well...

Post  Lucifer Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:45 pm

According to the creators of Monster Hunter Tri, they made it exclusive to the Wii to open new player horizons ^_^, and i haven't played F1 but I'm pretty sure there aren't THAT many "copies" if any Razz
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

MHtri? Empty Re: MHtri?

Post  demonsnail Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:49 pm

well...trust me THERE ARE a lot of reskinned monsters..not to mention close copies...new horizons translate in...we want to cash in to the huge mass of reta..I mean casual gamers that buy the wii only to spend so much money on accessories...and come on...most mh players own a ps3 rather then a wii...and you should play the psp vers..it's very good..

demonsnail

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:56 pm

as a matter of fact, I AM planning on getting portable 3rd, and i do recognize some of Quro's moves from Kut-Ku especially the rush peck attack, i don't remember seeing any leviathans in MH1 so, Razz they can't be copies, Umm, Rathalos Diablos and Rathian just got upgrades, i do wish they'd bring back some plesioth, but I think that putting it on the wii was the best move they made, not only business wise, but fan wise too, if you know, they didn't bring the other games from Japan because there weren't that many Monster Hunter fans, now i think the only reason there are is because they move Tri to the Wii, yes it did tick off many old MH fans but i think it was worth it
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  demonsnail Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:04 pm

LOL..I was eating fish when I read this...but the ice four leg wyvern and the otheres are reskins f narga and tigrex...giggynox is khezu..al the pray are back only originals are the underwater ones...alatreon is a pumped up kushala daora as for wii..no..it just cashing in to all the gimiks... Evil or Very Mad

demonsnail

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Fawful Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Easy guys haha. Most monsters are remakes of the old ones I do agree but in a sense they are ''new'' especially the MH3 ones you cannot deny that the water creatures are new nor that the barroth is new. (Not the barioth mind you that's a reskin of the special monster in MHFU)

Personally the perfect monster hunter would be all the monsters including reskins on the PS3 with free online.

But hey we will not see that for quiet some time. I'm looking forward to the third installment for the PSP.
Don Fawful
Don Fawful
Big Boss
Big Boss

https://cnagf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:15 pm

actually, i think the only EXACT copy of a prey/drome is baggi, and that is true Barioth is an albino Tigrex/Narga, yep Giggi could be an evolution of Khezu, or somethin like that, Well...I'm not so sure about Alatreon, i mean Kushala DID have the rusted copy :/, lol that is funny XD

lol, i didn't think about Barroth O_O , but for the PS3?? then I'd have to buy one and im broke.
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Do not double post ~Don Fawful
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  demonsnail Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:51 pm

BLARG..how did it brake? anyway...I will stick to my psp vers for now.....anyway..what other games do ya like?

to don's reply: yh..that would be perfect...and some more herbivores...to many dragons...anyway...ya there are some new creatures but still...

demonsnail

Back to top Go down

Post  scyor Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:52 am

I've been thinking of getting MH Tri. I have watched many videos so I have an idea what its like. The only problem is I don't have WiFi and a lot of the videos I've seen are of WiFi quests. Is its single player worth the price or should I rent it instead?
scyor
scyor

https://www.youtube.com/user/Scyor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:03 am

Single Player is VERY fun, but it does get old, i recommend only getting it once u get Wi-fi
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  Deviicat556 Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:55 pm

demonsnail wrote:..WHY THE WII?? bounce

If they released it for the ps3, not as many people would have bought it, ps3's are expensive ( well at least they used to) compared to the Wii, the Wii is kind of a family thing, but since the wii is less expensive than the ps3, more people own Wii's than ps3's, that's why they released it for the wii... since they know more people own the Wii
Deviicat556
Deviicat556

https://www.youtube.com/user/deviicat556

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:42 am

exactly! it was a wise business choice
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  octaneblue Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:10 am

Lucifer wrote:Single Player is VERY fun, but it does get old, i recommend only getting it once u get Wi-fi
Yeah, I would suggest maybe renting/borrowing it. Since the save data will be on your Wii afterward, if/when you get Wi-Fi, you can use your saved gear and such.
octaneblue
octaneblue
Boss
Boss

https://www.youtube.com/octaneblue

Back to top Go down

Post  scyor Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 am

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll rent it.
scyor
scyor

https://www.youtube.com/user/Scyor

Back to top Go down

MHtri? Empty Re:MHtri

Post  BurningWhiteWolf121 Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:26 pm

this is the first Monster Hunter i ever played
and i love it
i come from a poor rural area and cant afford a ps3 (trust me i dont want 1)
i love my wii ad nintendo
the only reason im gonna get a psp is for MHportable3
i love you MH and are glad to add you to my collection Very Happy I love you
BurningWhiteWolf121
BurningWhiteWolf121
People Know Me
People Know Me

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:00 pm

BurningWhiteWolf121 wrote:this is the first Monster Hunter i ever played
and i love it
i come from a poor rural area and cant afford a ps3 (trust me i dont want 1)
i love my wii ad nintendo
the only reason im gonna get a psp is for MHportable3
i love you MH and are glad to add you to my collection Very Happy I love you

I'm with ya on THAT I'm only getting a PSP for a Portable Monster Hunter XD My mom likes going on long road trips so that'll help keep me entertained, especially when I'm cussing Diablos out
Lucifer
Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmo Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:51 am

demonsnail wrote:I started playing monster hunter since mhf 1 on the psp..and now that I tried out mh tri...it seems so..unoriginal..most monsters are just copies of the psp vers with diff skins and some different attacks...except for underwater combat there is nothing very original about it..not to mention the absence of the bow and gunlance..and also..WHY THE WII?? the ps3 is far more powerful and would make a game to end all games!...anyway I would like to hear your opinions aswell...personally I think it could be much better then it is... bounce
what else could you put in? Triple battles like pokemon black/white? They are just reskinned old monsters but cmon, the point of monster hunter is killing monsters, not storyline or "awesome new monsters"
Also the wii is a strategic move. The wii has the most sales in America and Europe and seeing as there aren't many games with a higher rating than pg on the wii, the older consumer would buy it
jimmo
jimmo
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal

Back to top Go down

Post  demonsnail Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 pm

[quote]what else could you put in? Triple battles like pokemon black/white? They are just reskinned old monsters but cmon, the point of monster hunter is killing monsters, not storyline or "awesome new monsters"
Also the wii is a strategic move. The wii has the most sales in America and Europe and seeing as there aren't many games with a higher rating than pg on the wii, the older consumer would buy it

well then...just take the psp vers...u can get it for free and it has more monsters and better weapons.......

demonsnail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum